The uniqueness and rarity of the color of turquoise make it quite an attraction, especially for women. There are tons of creative pieces that jewelers can do with these precious stones. Turquoise jewelries are popular gift ideas especially for people born on the month of December, as it is their birthstone. Nevertheless, a lot of people no matter which month there are born, are really helplessly in love with the beauty of turquoise.
Turquoise jewelries can really be expensive, specially the high-grade and authentic ones. Because of the popularity of turquoise, you may find a lot of counterfeits. This is why you need to be a little cautious when buying one. If you bought your jewelry at a high cost, it is but right to treat them like your babies and take care of them the best way you can. Here are some tips that can help you preserve their true beauty.
• When cleaning a turquoise, you can use your usual silver cloth to wipe away grimes or dirt. This could beautify your stone in two ways. First, it removes any tarnish without actually damaging it. Second, cleaning them with silver cloth can add luster to turquoise stones.
• With the absence of a silver cloth, you can use a soft cloth. You can add a little water to dampen the cloth and polish the stone. Make sure that you follow this up by wiping the stone with a soft, and this time- dry cloth. This would remove any trace of moisture after you cleaned the stone. After doing so, allow your turquoise to dry naturally.
• Make sure to keep turquoise away from other hard gems, especially diamonds, as they can leave scratches on your precious jewelries.
• When remove your turquoise accessories, be sure that you do so by tugging on the metal or silver part of the jewelry. Do not pull on the turquoise itself.
• Keep your turquoise jewelry in its proper storage after every use. You can wrap them carefully with a tissue paper or a 100% cotton cloth and place them in your jewelry box or in a zip-lock plastic bag. By doing so, you can prevent tarnishing and the possibility of hard materials scratching your turquoise accessories.
• Do not use soap, harsh chemicals or perfume on your turquoise jewelries.
• Make sure that you remove your turquoise rings before putting on hand creams or lotion. If you are to use body oils, remove your turquoise jewelries as well. Even your skin's natural oil can affect the color of turquoise stones over time. They may even change their color a little bit.
Turquoise jewelries are really stunning once worn. It can instantly jazz up your total appearnce, especially if you are about to attend a special occasion that you need to dress up for. Turquoise is really not that hard to take care of. With the tips above, make a mental note of the things that you need to do to preserve the beauty of turquoise. With proper maintenance, turquoise can really last a long time and would continue to adorn you for as long as you need them.
Rock Ren is the owner of xaxe.com group. You can find more information at www.xaxe.com